BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 5, 2008

Spinning

This past Thursday I did me some spinning. I have an Ashford Kiwi! It is a wonderful wheel. Even tho I have never taken a class and I have only seen someone spin 2 times in my whole life but I am spinning real yarn! It surprises me every time I spin. I will post my finished yarn as soon as it is finished!

Here is some yarn that I have spun in the past.

(Drop spindled yarn) This was undyed Merino that I dyed in the microwave with orange kool-aid. The yarn has cork screws in it but it was my very first. I have not knit with it yet. I think I am going to save it for ever as a reminder of how I got started! I think this came out to 17 yards.
This is some hand dyed roving that a friend from Ravelry sent me. It was wonderful stuff. It is a single ply yarn. The white spots in the yarn is where the color didn't soak all the way through the roving. I love its look! I haven't knit with it yet either. lol This came out to 62 yards. It was 1 ounce of roving.

Now this is my first and only time so far at plying. I spun up some undyed Merino and some Black Merino then played the 2 together. I love the look of it. I almost dyed the white red and then plyed it with the black. But I didn't want to wait for all of that. So I just went for it. lol I have to say that I think it looks wonderful. Once again I have not knit anything with it. I think this is around 60-70 yards.
***
In life news....I think I am starting to lose it. For the last 5 days I have been meaning to buy some dish washing liquid. But everytime I go to town I forget it. Then when I get home I remember it. UGH I hate doing this! I am now 100% out of it and will have to make a special trip tomorrow just for dish washing liquid. I really need to put a list on the fridge and write things down everytime I think about needing something. But I am not that orderly. lol Any hints out there for keeping things straight? I need it!

I have my Yule tree up! It looks so pretty! It is a 3 feet tall fiber optic tree. I have some silver garland on it,purple glass balls (shinny ones and frosted ones),holographic purple icecicles and a red bow for the top of the tree. I will post a good picture of it soon. The one I took tonight didn't come out so great. lol

Well thanks for reading my second post on my blog. I hope to keep this up. So please drop me a comment and let me know your still reading! :) Have a wonderful day/night!

3 comments:

Lina said...

I love your spinning... I have never spun anything in my life and am so in awe of people who can. The orange yarn is beautiful! I can understand you wanting to keep it, but I think I wouldn't be able to keep from knitting it up into a hat or something! :)

Amber said...

That is some really pretty yarn!! I am hoping to learn how to spin my own yarn here soon. Someone on Rav is sending me a kit ot make my own spindle. Very exciting!

Ceci said...

Your spinning is looking good! Isn't it neat seeing the colors come together? :) Your tree sounds pretty!