BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

BOOM

Well I was going to post yesterday about some spinning that I did. But my car decided it wanted to be my blog star!

What happened? Well let me start at the front.

About 3 1/2 weeks ago me and the hubby started smelling something stinky while riding around in the car. We figured maybe we was behind someone who's car stunk. We didn't smell it everytime all the time. So it didn't click.

We kept driving the car.


About a week into this I tell my papa about it and he says maybe its low on Oil or it has a hole in the muffler. OK so lets do the oil. We go to town one day to get my medication and decided to stop by the Dollar General store to pick up 2 quartz of oil. We start to get in the car and I tell hubby we might as well put the oil in now. So we got back out and the hubby lifted the hood. SWOOSH The smell of gas slapped us. We looked around and I see a puddle of liquid around the middle thing in the car. (I have no idea what you call it but its where the Spark Plugs plug in) My hubby got some napkins from the car and soaked some up to give it a sniff. Sure enough it was GAS! (get ready to gasp) The hubby cranks the car while I hold the hood up to see if there is a leak somewhere.
Sure enough there is a leak at the top right part of that piece where the gas was puddled up. So we soaked up the gas,forgot about the oil and went towards home.


On the way we stopped at this mechanic's place to ask them how much to fix it. They was to busy to look at it so they said to come back in 2 hours. So we went on home. 2 hours later I drove the car up there. They looked at it and gave me a price. $85 that's for part and labor. Well I didn't have that so I went to my grandparents house. I showed my papa and he said to park it and borrow there car. He would get the part and do it him self.

Well Papa ordered the part.....4 times (which took a week). Each time the part would not fit. So we kept on driving his car. Finally a parts place said he would have to get that gas thing from the Dodge company. So he ordered that for $77. When my papa got the part yesterday he put it on the car and it fit! Yeah! About time. lol


Well Papa decided he would clean out our car before calling me/us to come get it. So he cranked up the car...moved it about 5 inches and BOOM! It blowed up with him IN IT! OMG My aunt and cousin,who lives next door, and my nana heard this and ran outside. They saw the car in flames and my papa just opening the door to get out of the car. They rushed to get water hoses to put it out before it could get the whole car and make it to the gas tank. The grass and a little of the tree that it was sitting under was on fire to.

My papa has Parkasions Disease. Not to the point that he can't do things or drive. But he is slower to respond and shakes. So when the car blowed up he pannicked and almost didn't get out. But once he did he started having chest pains. He is fine. It was just a panic attack.


No fire department was called since they got it out. No need when theres nothing for them to do. ;)

Everyone is saying if the car hadn't of blowed up my papa would of called me to come get the car. Then I would of been in it when it blowed up. More than likley I would of been in the passenger seat and the hubby would be driving. Which means I would of been enuglfed in flames. Because the explosion was on the passenger side and thats where the flames was. Everyone involved and almost involved was lucky!

Dear Goddess! Bless you for sparing my life,my papa's life and everyone elses! Thank you!


So with out further adue here is the pictures of said car. :(




As you can see under the hood parts of it blew a part. WOW I didn't know the antifreeze container looked like that on the inside! lol

So now we set without a car. Papa had to have his car back. They have to take great grand kids to school and from school every day. The hubby has a ride linned up for the week to get to and from work and I can go with my nana to the Walmart for grub. But some how,some way we have to get a car. :(

I hope your week goes better than how mine started! I am going to go spin now. I promise I will post my Yule tree and my spinning tomorrow! My car just demaneded to be my star today. ;)

C'ya

4 comments:

Emerald said...

OMIGOSH!!! Thankfully everyone is ok. Well except the car of course.

Nacole said...

We are all very happy that my grandpa made it out!
Yes the car is toast.

Lina said...

OMG! I'm so glad your grandpa is okay!

I hope you can get a new car soon!

Nacole said...

Thanks Lina! We are too!

It will be a while till we could afford to get a car. We are hoping someone helps us out. When the household income is only $315 a week you kind of can't afford to get a new (meaning new to us but from a used car lot) car. :(

The car that went BOOM was bought for us by my mother in law about 3 years ago. ($2,000.00) The first car we had got in a wreck. Some dude hit me and the car was totaled out. ugh So 2 cars killed in less than 5 years. This is not a good thing!!