BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Spinning and Trees

As promised yesterday I am now posting about my spinning.

I only have the Kiwi wheel and I love it! I do everything with it. (everything that I know how to do that is) I have spun 8 skeins on it and don't see the need for any upgrades or anything. Well maybe I would like to have a jumbo flier for it if I ever start getting be things of roving. Well I guess 4 ounces of roving would be good for the jumbo flier because right now I have to use 2 regular bobbins to spin it all onto. Oh well...you get my point. ;)

I have only spun with Merino and Corriedale so far. (I have some mystery stuff but I don't know what it is...feels like a rough wool) I do have an ounce each of some BFL and some silky bamboo..but I am scared to spin it up. I do not want to mess it up! lol But I hope to take the plunge into it soon. It feels so wonderful!

Right now on my wheel I am spinning some Corriedale that I purchased from betziboo ont Etsy. She has been a wondeful friend to me over on Ravelry also! (Hi Betzi!) I have already filled up on bobbin and have over half of another one filled with it. The colors are wonderful! This is the first time I have ever spun up 4 ounces of one roving. I used to buy only 1 or 2 ounces of something until I measured it and discovered that I wasn't getting enought to even knit a hat with! ugh So I have started buying larger. ;)

Here is the picture of the first bobbin with the roving.

Isn't it yummy! The color's are lighter in person but even in this picture it looks wonderful! The bobbin might look like its not full but the small end on the right is about to run over with fiber. Yeah I could of filled it up more on the big end but I didn't want to over do it and I knew I still had to use another bobbin for the red of that fiber so I just stopped.

As soon as I get this second bobbin spun up and then get the twists sat on each skein I will show you what the finnished yarn looks like. OH and I am going to play the two bobbins together I think. I tend to work with yarns that are closer to worsted than anything else. ;)


On another note I told you all that I would share pictures of my Yule tree. I have taken it down but I did get pictures before hand.

The tree is just 3 feet tall and is a fiberoptic one that I got for crazy cheap last year after Yule. ;) I never did get all the balls on the tree. I ran out of those hanger things. lol



I have a short video of the tree in action that I will post in a second post. So look for it right after this one!

Well that is all for me today. Remember to be happy for what you do have and happy for what you don't have!! Things could be VERY different!! Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Ceci said...

That colorway is absolutely gorgeous! and the spinning looks great. :D My eye's not good enough to tell what weight that's gonna be... are you going to ply it? Would love to know what it might become someday. It's just sooo pretty.

Nacole said...

Thanks! I have no idea what weight either till I measure it. But it is thinner,i think,than dk or it is dk. I am not sure.
I think I will ply it. I will just take the two bobbins and ply them together. Not going to worry about matching the colors up. ;)

Depends on how much yardage I get. I might make a hat and fingerless gloves with it. I think I will get that much yardage. This is my first time spinning 4 oz worth.

Betzi did a wonderful job on the dye job didn't she!